HOTOOC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Joining - Old and New

2 posters

Go down

People Joining - Old and New Empty People Joining - Old and New

Post by Lilith Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:34 am

Let's talk about people joining this site and our Circle.

I am sure most of you know we have had some unfortunate drama in our Circle.  It seems that we let a few bad eggs into the group, and they caused a great deal of unpleasantness.  Without laboring the point, I feel also that the patience and grace extended to these people went above and beyond the call of mature diplomacy.  That sort of thing will no longer be done.

I am not saying that we're creating some dictatorship or Queendom whereby the slightest infraction will earn a ban, but I have wasted too much of my personal time dealing with these sorts of things.  When it seems clear that someone is being disruptive, overly unpleasant, manipulative, aggressive, etc., they will be removed.

I will be happy to discuss things, frankly, with said individuals, as I have done in the past, but I am going to be far less forgiving with the continued displays of such behavior.

That said, this means that there are some people who may have been in our Circle (and may seem like candidates to bring into this, more exclusive, one), who are, unfortunately, not welcome.  There is a reason, for instance, that I am not posting an announcement of this site on the HoT site.

I think we all know who may be welcome or unwelcome, but if you are unsure, feel free to privately ask me.

As far as new people, if you happen to know of someone that you think would fit, or in the imminent event of someone new being met by one of us, feel free to bring them here and have them introduce themselves.  We do not have any sort of formal vetting/review process (and I doubt we ever will).  We'll be relying on each other to bring in people that seem to fit our particular style and personality.

Feel free to add to this discussion in any way you see fit.
Lilith
Lilith

Back to top Go down

People Joining - Old and New Empty Re: People Joining - Old and New

Post by Satyxes Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Personally, my view on the matter is rather simple and straightforward.

Misunderstandings happen and some people are more your 'type' then others. This is a simple fact of life. But when it turns in to willful disruptive/polarising/manipulative behaviour instead of respectfully agreeing to disagree as grownups, you forfit your goodwil.

For those who arrive fresh from the outside I say this : "Let us make the guest adapt to the hosts, while being the most accomodating host that reason allows".
Satyxes
Satyxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:46 pm

I agree, Saty. That is a nice mantra.
Lilith
Lilith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content